Saturday, February 14, 2015

ARC Review: The Token: A Breed Apart

The Token: A Breed Apart by Natasha Rogue

Publisher: Not available at the moment, 2014
301 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Young Adult
Links: Goodreads | Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Callie Michaels isn’t pretty or popular, but her singing more than makes up for all she lacks. And as long as she focuses on what’s really important, she can survive high school. But how can she focus with all the drama? Between her best friend’s odd issues and a daily dose of weirdness from the social elite, she’s starting to wonder if she’s the only normal one around.

He pulled the front door open. “That’s how it’s done.”

I rolled my eyes and made my way through the crowd that had spilled into the hall, muttering. “That’s how it’s done. Yeah? Where? In the jungle?”

“Yeah.” James’ breath on my nape sent a chill down my spine. “Something like that.”

Just as her life begins spiraling out of control, the answer comes to her in a dream. In exchange for a token of blood, a demon will give her everything she desires. She says “yes.” From that point on, she finds herself changing, becoming something far from normal. Something dangerous.

No one is what they seem—least of all her. While the supernatural creatures around her struggle to maintain their humanity, Callie slowly loses hers. She doesn’t even know what’s important anymore. Friendship, the future, love? And is there anyone who can make her care?


My Review:
A Breed Apart is Jekyll and Hyde, Rogue in the beginning half of this book it was awesome, I was very impressed saying wooooow!!!! This is an amazing book. I was in awe over this book, but then the author does 180 turn and I was left saying what the hell just happened. Rogue had a fantastic storyline going on with the 2 revivals, James and Nick wanting Callie and other characters were absolutely amazing is well. I loved Callie’s character in the first half of the book, she was strong, witty, smart and I loved her as the MC. Then magically she disappeared and was gone. I understand what happened to her, but for me you don’t destroy your narrator to the point of no return.

I will recommend this book to some reader only because we all have different tastes in books and this is solely just my opinion. It takes a lot for me to be disappointed in a book, and others might love it. So I will say this is your choose. I wish Rogue would have kept to what she first had going in this book. She really had an awesome story in the first half of A Breed Apart, and I think she is amazing writer, until the Hyde turn. I really wanted to love this book.


My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment