Friday, February 6, 2015

ARC Review: No Funeral (No Weddings #2)

One Funeral (No Weddings #2) by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion

Publisher: Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion, 2014
229 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre:  Chick-Lit, Romance, Contemporary
Links: Goodreads | Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
The stakes climb higher in this second book in the No Weddings Series for Hannah Martin, a woman restrained by her past, and Cade Michaelson, the man who could help set her free.

I’m drawn to Cade as he charms his way into more of my life and offers me something I truly haven’t ever had: a friend. Yet his humor, patience, and drop-dead sexiness take my breath away, and I know my heart is at risk. I want to move forward but am terrified I can’t.

Cade seems to have it together from his own devastating heartache. His subtle actions, however, suggest a different story. And even though he says he wants more, I wonder if he’s able to trust in our developing relationship.

As we navigate through our tangled feelings, we vow to take it slow. Yet no matter how careful we try to be, things between us intensify—and there’s nothing we can do, or want to do, to stop it.

But the biggest question remains: Is chemistry enough to move beyond the past and toward a future together?

My Review:
What can I say about this book besides I loved it even though I read the 4th book first, but in this book I’m getting the feeling they are taking things slow, come take things at warp speed. I liked how this book gave us Hannah’s point of view, I usually like male point of views but her point of view was fun, but switching back and forth between books instead of by chapter within in the one book seems really better and a creative way of doing things.

The humor was on point in this book. Cade’s family is still absolutely fantastic, Cade and Hannah are perfect. I’m thinking we are going to see them each a little less broken. I know its silly for being a little upset about the pace they are taking with their relationship. I mean we are capable of reading book without the sex scenes as long as they are still sexy.


I’m still surprised that there is so much tension between Hannah and Cade. I was assuming there was no way in hell they would be able to keep their hands off each other as well as they did. But I’ve never had a great grasp on the power of self-control, so more power to them.


My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment