Thursday, August 14, 2014

Review: Torment (Fallen #2)


Torment (Fallen #2) by Lauren Kate

Publisher: Doubleday; 2010
452 pages, paperback
Source: Purchased through Dymocks

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Love Never Dies...

It took Lucinda a eternity to find her beloved angel, Daniel. But he waitied for her. Now they are forced apart again, to protect Luce from the Outcasts - immortals who wan her dead. During their separation, Luce learns about her mysterious past lives. But the more she discovers, the more she suspects Daniel is hiding something.

What if Daniel's version of the past isn't true?
Is it really their destiny to be together?
Or is Luce actually meant to be with somebody else?

My Review:
It was good. By the end Luce had all the guys lusting over her *rolls eyes, always happens in books* which makes you wonder what she's got that we ain't . 

Daniel was a more developed character in this one; I like him. I found him very real. 

Luce got o my nerves, and I wanted to slap Arianne/Arianna (can't remember), because she is sooo annoying. She bosses people around and is extremely loud. I know people like this in real life and God do I want to strangle them to get them to shut the hell up and stop bossing people around.

Again, like the first book nothing happens because the author writes pages upon page of narrative that doesn't seem to go anywhere. Nothing really happened in this book - I know my rating seem a little much but its a matter of difference of opinion.

But the description near the beginning of Daniel lifting her up in the sky and then taking off for the good painted a very vivid picture in my mind. Some scenes I could imagine so clearly, it was as if I was actually there. So that's the reason bumped it up a rating.

My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment