Friday, August 15, 2014

Review: Saved (Wanted #2)


Saved (Wanted #2) by Kelly Elliott

Published: Kelly Elliott, 2013
385 pages, Paperback (2 edition)
Source: Purchased through Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Ari, who comes from a loving home with a family who has had more than their share of difficulties, faced with possibly losing the love of her life. All she dreams of is growing old and having children with Jeff, but a family history and a conniving Rebecca could shatter that dream. Trying to support Jeff and cope with all the truths and possibilities of her own destiny may prove to be more than one person can handle.

Jeff's dream is to raise horses on his ranch in Mason with the only woman who has ever filled his heart and soul. But he's running the risk of losing her by trying to be the man he knows he should be by taking on his responsibilities. He's completely bewitched by the passionate and always outspoken Ari, but needs to do right for the child that could possibly be his.

Despite all the odds stacked against them can their relationship be....SAVED?

My Review:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph....Kelly Elliott did it again. I thoroughly enjoyed Saved. I will say that I still think Wanted is my favorite and that’s because Ellie and Gunner are my favorite couple, but Saved was almost as good. I enjoyed that we got all the different points of view. I was also glad to see that the Rebecca debacle was cleared up by like 50% and that it wasn't dragged out throughout the whole book. It was great seeing how Gunner and Ellie's story played out and also getting to know Heather and Josh. I will say the only thing that I was slightly disappointed in was the fact that Heather and Josh's story played such a big part in this book. I was hoping for more of Ari and Jeff and even more of Gunner and Ellie. I think the drama that was added in Heather and Josh's story could've been cut out of this book and saved for Faithful which is supposed to be their book. Especially after reading the epilogue....there is obviously going to be enough drama already for their story that the extra drama of Lynda in Saved I don't think was necessary. 

If you're wondering why I have this on my cliffhanger shelf, it's because there is one regarding Heather and Josh's story. I don't want to say anything more because it would give too much away. I will say this that Ari and Jeff's story is definitely a happily ever after and their story wraps up nicely in Saved but she left it open at the end to set up for Faithful (Heather and Josh's story). I couldn't wait because I needed to see what happened with Rebecca but the ending of Saved is driving me nuts with thoughts and theories of what will happen.

I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who is a fan of Wanted.

My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment