Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review: Without You (Love Wanted in Texas #1)

Without You (Love Wanted in Texas #1) by Kelly Elliott

Publisher: Kelly Elliott, 2014
300 pages, kindle edition
Source: Purchased through Amazon 

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Alex and Will have spent months keeping their relationship hidden from their families. Getting caught prematurely causes them to admit their love for each other to their parents.

One decision made by Alex's father changes her entire world, shattering her plans for the future. Alex always thought Will was the very air she breathed, but life has a way of causing doubts for the one thing she thought was absolute....their love.

Can Will's promise to Alex be enough for her to hold on to or will she find herself moving down a different path that she never imagined for herself?

Without you is book in the Love Wanted in Texas series.

My Review:
Man this book was absolutely fabtastic (Fabulous and Fantastic) book from one of my favorite authors Kelly Elliott.

I loved this book, first in its series a spin off series. As usual, Alex and Will's story was full of swoon worthy romance. Right from the first flip of the page I was hooked line and sinker on their story. I couldn't put my phone or kindle down. I just spent a lot of time hoping nothing would change between them when they went their separate ways to college. While they were apart at college, although their love remained strong, Alex did get close to another guy named Blake. Man the dude just gave bad vibes from the get go so what happened between them didn't really surprise me, I was just glad things didn't get to far with them. All of the guys were fiercely protective of the girls which I loved and I'm sure everyone else did, because all the fathers would have had hell on their hands if they didn't. It was obvious that there were more than friendship feelings involved with Colt and Lauren, Luke and libby. All these kids remind me so much of Ellie and Gunner, Ari and Jeff, Brad and Amanda, Josh and Heather, And Jessie and Scott. 

I thought Luke and Libby were Ari and Jeff, why because Jeff ran away from his feelings for Ari now Luke is running away from his feelings for Libby. I thought Colt and Lauren were Josh and Heather, why because Josh told Heather about his feelings for her and she said she doesn't share the same feelings now Colt told Lauren about his feelings for her and Lauren said she doesn't share the same feelings. Talk about apples don't fall from the trees. 

I also loved how all the previous characters were included into this story (I hope they make appearances throughout the series) even though it focused more on their children. The epilogue has left me counting down the days, weeks, months until Luke ad Libby's story Saving you comes out!! I tots rooted for them and can't wait until they get their happily ever after.

Anyone who enjoyed the Wanted series will enjoy this book without a doubt.

My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment