Wednesday, January 21, 2015

ARC Review: Rivulet (Rivulet #1) (Web of Hearts & Souls #11)

Rivulet (Rivulet #1) (Web of Hearts & Souls #11) by Jamie Magee

Publisher: Smashwords, 2013
284 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, New Adult, Young Adult, Supernatural, Romance
Link: Goodreads | Amazon

Synopsis:
Unfathomable forces have always contested Genevieve Indiana Falcon, known as Indie. The curse of her cold touch entraps her just as the grief ignited in her past torments her. Yet, her mysterious ability to dream while awake saturates her in the belief that she was not always anguished. There is hope that one day a true peace in her soul can be found.

Foolishly, Indie assumes she has contained her life in an odd balance, and she cherishes the visions she sees of the enigmatic boy that held her in a lost time, but can never reach. She grieves for a life she fears she'll never possess, and that grief is a weapon she uses against her aunt who stands between her and her inheritance.

Weeks away from her twenty-first birthday, the date where she would assume control over her family legacy, a night terror robs Indie of the balance she was clinging to. Like the dream she had before she lost her family, it predicts a fatal catastrophe on the horizon. The fight between life and death, good and evil, began the moment her thundering heart awoke her.

Everything changed after that dream. The one thing that keeps her curse at bay is stolen, and then the enigmatic boy arrives in the flesh. Face to face with her fiery born-again lover Indie realizes that the only way she can prevent the tragedy before her is to surrender everything she was, is, and could be.

Can she bend the laws of nature and fight the improbability that fire and ice could ever be one? As far as Indie is concerned, there is not a myth, spoken fate, or curse that is stronger than her stubborn desire to have it all ... including him.

The Rivulet series can be read on its own or as #11 in the Web of Hearts and Souls Series.

My Review:
This book was an absolute pleasure to read and you so totally get sucked into this world at Falcon Manor. The books synopsis is spot on in the description of this wonderful story as we join Indie and her sister Cadence and almost boyfriends Mason, Gavin and Wilder on their journey to enlightenment, battling the gold digging aunty For Falcon Manor and working out all that is Indie along the way. I really loved Indie’s character and though at times others wanted to see her as someone crippled with grief following the death of a few close family members, she came across pretty level headed especially with how she dealt with her aunty and the efforts she was going to, to strip Indie of her inheritance. I liked how she had been raised, how she dealt with her abnormalities, her ‘two beats’ philosophy, her need to ‘save’ people & put them on the right track & her family values. I connected with her as she went through her journey, I admired her for her outlook, her stubbornness, her need to do right, I pitied her for the hand life had dealt her but I mostly routed for her every step of the way and I loved when she found her warmth, bringing love & hope to her troubled existence.

I was captivated by the story, I literally could not put it down especially when the mystery man turned up and turned the whole plot on its head. Believe me when I say that this is not just another reincarnation book, it is so much more! It isn’t just the souls of our two lovers that need to re unite, it’s larger than that, it involves everything & everyone and I believe this book is just the tip of the iceberg. Falcon Manor - the house that Indie has grew up in – features heavily in the background of the story, helping Indie unlock some memories & mysteries, being the major asset that is fought over and I wished I could see it for real, towards the end of the book I was actually visualising it by the descriptions and I loved that! I love when I can visualise scenes in a book and I love old houses & architecture so that it featured heavily in this story was a plus. There is a lot I could say about this book, I truly want to gush about it but everything is linked and even to hint at what is happening could give away something. Just know that it’s definitely a page turner, it’s mysterious, it’s emotional, it’s filled with twists & turns and one of those soul deep love connections that I adore and that is exactly how I felt about reading it, I adored it and I do hope there will be a sequel because there is so much more I need to find out & I’m desperate to see what’s next for everyone involved.

My Rating:

1 comment :