Friday, January 16, 2015

ARC Review: The In Between

The In Between by Olivia Pierce

Publisher: Full Fathom Five Digital, 2014
344 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal
Links: Goodreads | Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Tara Jenkins and Justin Westcroft used to be childhood BFFs. Now in high school, Justin’s a popular, all-star athlete, and Tara spends her days admiring him from afar. But when Tara saves Justin from nearly drowning in a freak accident, he’s unable to get her out of his mind. In no time at all, Tara and Justin fall deeply in love. And even though it’s only high school, they seem destined for a Happily Ever After.

Until tragedy strikes—and this time, Justin’s not so lucky. Tara passes through her days as a shell of her former self: Justin’s dead, but she can still feel his presence, and she can’t seem to let him go.

But there’s a reason for that, and it’s not just grief: Justin is In Between, and he’s still holding on.

They say that when someone saves you, you’re tied to them for life. But what about in the afterlife?


My Review:
Woooo-hooo and Wooooow!!! Is pretty much all I can say, Im not sure if there are adequate words to describe how much I fell in love with this novel and all my feelings towards it. The story was absolutely brilliant, touching and amazingly perfect. Whilst reading the novel I was in tears almost the whole way through, some parts even got me crying like a big baby!!! I have read a few love stories that revolve around younger characters and none of them have touched me like these character Tara and Justin. Not one of them were as believable. The writing was brilliant. I loved being able to cry and laugh and be angry with words on a page.

This book was not just a love story between 2 young teenagers but much much more. It was how love can prevail even in the cause of death, how life is very precious and how very precious the people are in our lives and how one single moment or one single decision can change your life.

I loved how the story was told, through the alternating perspectives of Tara and Justin. I loved being able to feel what both Tara and Justin where feeling and see what both of them had to face and endure to get back with each other. I feel that’s what made the book effective and so enjoyable and real.

My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment