Saturday, March 14, 2015

ARC Review: Across The Bridge Of Ice (The Bridges Trilogy #2)

Across The Bridge Of Ice (The Bridges Trilogy #2) by Ruth Fox

Publisher: Hague Publishin, 2015
175 pages, kindle edition
Source: Netgalley
Release Date: January 31st 2015
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Links: Goodreads | Amazon US | Amazon AU | Amazon UK

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
In 'The City of Silver Light', Keira Leichman spent the night lost in a wild snowstorm that struck Cassidy Heights. But what really happened that night? Not even Keira can be sure. What she does know is that she's been having strange dreams since the accident, and now she's stuck with a broken ankle and the possibility of never playing soccer again. That is, until she finds Jake's telescope, and is drawn across the Bridge of Ice to Shar.

Now Keira is marooned in the City of Silver Light with Daniel, Jake’s younger brother, with no way to get home. But that is the least of their worries, for the secrets they discover in Shar are more dangerous than Kiera could ever have imagined. And the fate of both their worlds are in their hands.

My Review:
The author did everything absolutely right here for this book, gave us the readers a female perspective in place of a male, took us from our world to the city of Silver Light and gave Jakes younger brother Daniel a look-in. I like this novel cause of all the changes, but I still love the first volume (which I still need to write a review for) and I still prefer the first book. Not really sure why?

There is some mystery so it is not like it is devoid of anything like that but I liked the story very much, but I felt like I was not getting enough of the other city and the people who populated it. I just think this is why I felt that I like this a bit less. I would have liked to have learned more about the citizens of the other world like we did. I am just guessing that is what is going to be revealed in the next edition to this series.

But beside that I really liked Kiera, she is brave, strong, and adventurous and the way she cared for Daniel was endearing so I recommend this novel as a fun next step in the series.

My Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment